As chemists, we are learning about States of Matter in our unit In a State.
By the end of this unit, we will be able to:
- Know that solids, liquids and gases are described by observable properties
- Know that materials can be divided into solids, liquids and gases
- Know that heating causes solids to melt into liquids and liquids evaporate into gases
- Know that cooling causes gases to condense into liquids and liquids to freeze into solids
- Know that the temperature at which given substances change state are always the same
- Observe that some materials change state when they are heated or cooled, and measure or research the temperature at which this happens in degrees Celsius °C